Unbiased Investment Education
for Individual Investors like you.
- Stock Market Winners Screen
- Proxy Recommendations Driving Equity Compensation
- December Letters to the Editor
- Lifetime Investment Strategy
- A screen that tries to interpret and apply successful trading rules in the real market environment.
- Many corporations adjust their compensation plans to be within 1% of the caps recommended by proxy advisors.
- AAII members comment on the bucket approach to retirement savings, Social Security withdrawal strategies and investing apps for the iPhone.
- An explanation of what risk is, how it relates to return and guidelines for the long-term successful management of your stock portfolio.
Top AAII Articles
Our annual tax and financial planning guide is designed to help you assess your current tax situation and plan for any changes that may improve your tax liability both this year and next.
By understanding the complexities and making smart claiming decisions, couples can add more to their lifetime benefits than singles can.
Three candlestick formations—the abandoned baby, white soldiers and black crows, and the engulfing pattern—can signal changes in price trends.
Basic guidelines and strategies for setting up and effectively managing your 401(k) retirement plan.
The AAII Investor Sentiment Survey measures members who are bullish, bearish, and neutral for the next six months.
AAII members are:
AAII DiscussionsStart Now »
AAII Model Portfolios
Throughout the year, AAII updates you on the holdings, performance and investment strategy behind our research portfolios.
(For Members Only)
|YTD Return||1-Year Return||5-Year Return|
|Data as of 10/31/2013.|
AAII Stock Screens
Sign Up to Receive Local Chapter Meeting Invites
AAII Local Chapters offer investment education to members in a "person to person" social setting located in your own community.Recent meetings have included:
"Nest-Egg Survival: Investing and Spending in Retirement"
Maria Crawford Scott, Former editor, AAII Journal "Today's Investment Outlook"
Sam Stovall, Chief investment strategist, S&P Equity Research Services
"The Importance of Tax Diversification: What You Need to Know"
Christine Fahlund, senior financial planner, T. Rowe Price, Inc.
Retirement Planning: Misconceptions About Life in Retirement
"Some people spend more time planning a two-week vacation than they do retirement planning."
Retirement is a passage from one lifestyle to another. One way to think of the term "retire" is by placing a hyphen between the 'e' and the 't' and creating a new term—re-tire: To put on new treads.
Those who take the voyage seriously and do the right kind of retirement planning usually have a smoother trip and more fun.
Discussions with seasoned retirees indicate that there are many myths and misconceptions about retirement. Often you will hear these myths stated as fact. Here are some of the most common ones.Read More »