Unbiased Investment Education
for Individual Investors like you.
- Price-to-Free-Cash-Flow Screen
- Letters to the Editor
- Income a Challenge for Investors
- Member News 2013
- An exploration of the basics of cash flow analysis and the implementation of a price-to-free-cash-flow screen.
- Members discuss maintaining a bond allocation, bond ladders, withdrawal strategies and Berkshire Hathaway.
- A Legg Mason survey found investors worldwide grappling with realizing portfolio income. The U.S. ranks sixth between desire and reality.
- Discussion of the Model Fund portfolio’s inclusion of mutual funds and ETFs. Plus, Robert Shiller and James O’Shaughnessy announced as keynote speakers at the AAII Investor Conference.
Top AAII Articles
The Yale economics professor explains why he looks at 10 years of earnings and the importance of factoring in inflation when valuing assets.
A new stock has been added to the Model Shadow Stock Portfolio. Plus, return information is updated through May 31, 2013.
Charles Rotblut, CFA
Determining when to change from the 4% withdrawal rule to the RMD depends in part on your age and the types of retirement accounts you own.
John Deysher and Michael Walters
Closed-end funds are currently trading at larger than average discounts, just as they were two years ago when this article was written.
The AAII Investor Sentiment Survey measures members who are bullish, bearish, and neutral for the next six months.
Are you BULLISH?
AAII members are:
(as of 6/12/2013)
Start Now »
Throughout the year, AAII updates you on the holdings, performance and investment strategy behind our research portfolios.
|Model Portfolio||YTD Return||1-Year Return||5-Year Return|
|Data as of 5/31/2013.|
Sign Up to Receive Local Chapter Meeting Invites
AAII Local Chapters offer investment education to members in a "person to person" social setting located in your own community.
Recent meetings have included:
Maria Crawford Scott, Former editor, AAII Journal "Today's Investment Outlook"
Sam Stovall, Chief investment strategist, S&P Equity Research Services
"The Importance of Tax Diversification: What You Need to Know"
Christine Fahlund, senior financial planner, T. Rowe Price, Inc.
Retirement Planning: Misconceptions About Life in Retirement
"Some people spend more time planning a two-week vacation than they do retirement planning."—Anonymous
Retirement is a passage from one lifestyle to another. One way to think of the term "retire" is by placing a hyphen between the 'e' and the 't' and creating a new term—re-tire: To put on new treads.
Those who take the voyage seriously and do the right kind of retirement planning usually have a smoother trip and more fun.
Discussions with seasoned retirees indicate that there are many myths and misconceptions about retirement. Often you will hear these myths stated as fact. Here are some of the most common ones.Read More »