AAII.com: Announcing a Site Redesign
With the growing importance of the Web, we are about to unveil a fresh and new AAII.com that incorporates many helpful suggestions and requests that weve received from our members over the years. Specifically designed to enhance membership, our goal is to produce a more dynamic site that makes everyones experience with AAII.com a more streamlined and enjoyable one.
New Content Areas
To quickly point you in the direction you need when visiting AAII.com, weve divided most of the site content into six areas, each with its own main page. Five are devoted to the main subject areas of investor education, and one is dedicated solely to investment research tools and services.
Within the main page of each Education area, weve added highlight sections that link you directly to must-see features of interest that you may have previously overlooked. Also included on each main page are links to timeless articles that are rotated weekly, so we encourage you to visit often. The five Education areas are:
- Investing Basics: This area serves as a useful refresher course for those who need to brush up on the basics for successful investing.
- Stocks: AAIIs stock education area will help you learn the ins and outs of profitable stock market investing and stock strategy.
- Bonds: Thinking about bonds or income investing? The articles, checklists, and guides found in this area will serve as a useful resource.
- Mutual Funds: This section is a valuable resource to compare mutual funds and to learn more about successful fund investing.
- Personal Finance: This area provides comprehensive financial planning education and retirement strategies for todays savvy, do-it-yourself individual investor.
Investment Research Tools
Weve developed this sixth area to consolidate our investor tools and services into one conveniently centralized location:
- Research: AAIIs investment research page provides insights into todays ever-changing investment marketplace. Investment research tools and services that you can access include our investor surveys, S&P data, portfolio tracker, and much more.
Enhanced Navigation Tool
Easy navigation is a must for any Web site. With this in mind, and based on member feedback, we are in the process of implementing a more enhanced navigation tool. The new AAII.com will feature an easy-to-use and more powerful search tool that will help you find exactly what youre looking for. Weve expanded our search to incorporate more than just the AAII Journal and Computerized Investing archives. Most of AAII.com will be searchable by keyword so that you can zoom in on what you need.
A search box at the top of each Web page will allow you to perform a simple keyword search and instantly pull up a list of relevant results, whereas an Advanced Search option will allow you to choose from appropriate categories and options to further refine your search.
Look for updates on our progress, as we believe youll find this an extremely useful site as well as a refreshing change.
The New AAII.com Will Be Available in Spring 2005