LATEST SPREADSHEET CORNER ARTICLE:
Using Google Sheets to Create a Portfolio Tracker
October 18, 2014
Google offers several productivity apps that allow users to create documents, spreadsheets and presentations and access them from any computer, anywhere in the world, for free. These apps are called Google Docs, Sheets and Slides. In this Spreadsheet Corner, we concentrate on Google Sheets. Google Sheets is an online spreadsheet app that lets you create and format spreadsheets and simultaneously work with other people.
Introduction to Google Sheets
Google lists these features in their Google Sheets explanation:
- Import and convert Excel, .csv, .txt and .ods formatted data to a Google spreadsheet
- Export Excel, .csv, .txt and .ods formatted data, as well as PDF and HTML files
- Use formula editing to perform calculations on your data, and use formatting make it look the way you’d like
- Chat in real time with others who are editing your spreadsheet
- Create charts with your data
- Embed a spreadsheet, or individual sheets of your spreadsheet, on your blog or website
Calculating the downside risk of the stock screening methodologies tracked at AAII.com.