Basic Ratios for Building a Dividend-Based Stock Portfolio
by Don Schreiber Jr.
There are five advantages dividend-paying stocks can provide investors:
In this article
- Building Blocks
- Dividend Yield
- Quick Ratio
- Debt Coverage Ratios
- Valuation Ratios
- Dividend Ratios
- Growth Ratios
- Trend Analysis
- Temper Rules With Judgment
Share this article
- They provide a steady stream of income;
- Over the long term they offer growth through share price appreciation, which helps increase the real (after-inflation) value of an investors portfolio;
- Dividend reinvestment allows your investment to grow at a compounded rate of return;
- Dividend reinvestment also promotes dollar-cost averaging; and
- Dividend-paying stocks generally have lower price volatility than non-dividend-paying stocks, since during market declines the dividend stream becomes more important to investors.
To read more, please become an AAII member or CLICK HERE.