The Top Financial Apps

by Wayne A. Thorp, CFA

These are some of the best financial apps for iOS and Android devices. More app reviews can be found in AAII’s Computerized Investing newsletter (www.computerizedinvesting.com).

CNBC Real-Time for iOS

CNBC’s iPad app gives users access to live, real-time stock quotes from both the New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ Marketplace.

Wayne A. Thorp, CFA is a vice president and senior financial analyst at AAII and editor of Computerized Investing. Follow him on Twitter at @AAII_CI.

Michael Schwacher from Wisconsin posted about 1 year ago:

I wish I could get the Heat Map for Android. Sounds like a great tool.

Robert Krishfield from California posted about 1 year ago:

Fidelity has a heat map for ETFs that is free. It's not exactly the same as the IOS app, but it does a great job for the price.

I have saved the URL on my iPad as an icon and use it all the time. It's called ETF Tracker and the URL is http://research2.fidelity.com/fidelity/screeners/etf/heatmap.asp

Jim Czapla from Michigan posted about 1 year ago:

Michael, Google Play store has an Android app called HeatMap in a free version and a $3.89 ad-free Pro version. You can choose from three maps: S&P 500, World, and ETF. It's a great tool to gain insight into market performers for timeframes ranging from 1 day through 1 year. It can also display volumes.

B Endy from Virginia posted about 1 year ago:

Jim, Thanks for the reference to HeatMap; first-timer using an Android app.

Ted Mccool from Georgia posted about 1 year ago:

Is there an app available for The American Association of Individual Investors ?

Frank Klamik from Wisconsin posted about 1 year ago:

look into Bill Gunderson's Best Stocks Now

Wayne Thorp from Illinois posted about 1 year ago:

@Frank,

Way ahead of you. Check out the 3/30/2013 CI email for a discussion of Best Stocks Now. Keep the suggestions coming!

Wayne A. Thorp, CFA
Editor, Computerized Investing

James Gottfried from California posted about 1 year ago:

I am still concerned about security when it comes to phone apps such as those above. I am willing to get this type of data on my computer when I know that it is transferred securely but not on my phone. I do not believe that security on IOS or Android is really where it should be for these types of Apps.