SSG (Stock Selection Guide) data files are for NAIC/Better Investing software
programs, including Investor's Toolkit. The files are not used with any AAII products.
The SSG files are updated each week, along with the weekly Stock Investor Pro data
Here are the instructions for downloading and extracting the SSG files:
- At the Stock Investor download page, click on the SSG Files button to download the weekly SSG file. If you experience problems downloading the SSG file, try clicking on the "Secondary Server" link below the SSG Files button.
- Depending on the Web browser you are using, you may be prompted to either Run or Save the SSG file:
If so, we recommend that you first save the file to your computer, preferably your desktop, so you can easily locate the file when the download is complete.
- When the download process is complete, double-click on the ssg.exe file. You may receive a Security Warning Message:
If so, click Run to Continue.
- You will be asked to specify the directory to which the SSG files will be extracted:
You can choose the default directory (C:\SSG) or change it if you wish.
- Click Unzip when you have selected the directory. While it may appear that nothing is happening for a few minutes, the files are being extracted to the designated location.
- You will receive notification when the SSG files are unzipped:
For information on how to import SSG data files into a program that uses SSG files, refer to that program's documentation.
For a data map of the SSG file, click here to open an Excel spreadsheet file.